Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Finding my Voice

I had to hold off working on this part of the module as my husband has been ill and needed my attention.  He's well now and I can get back to Project 2/Assignment 2 which is about finding a local issue and illustrating it.

I live in Lyme Regis which is tucked at the far west end of Dorset.  In fact, part of the town is in East Devon so it gets fairly complicated with postal addresses, etc.  The local and county public transport system seems set up to accommodate the bus companies rather than serve the local people and tourists.  There are three services - the X53 which is known as the Jurassic coast bus as it runs along the south coast from Poole to Exeter; the X31 which runs from Dorchester to Axminster and the local town bus known as the No 71. 
The X53 bus as it passes my cottage in Lyme Regis


Using my camera I plan to illustrate where the main bus stops are, how they help or hinder people moving around the south coast and how they help the social aspect of the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment